Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Today was solemn

Well, tomorrow is my last day of having a job. Today was a solemn day, sort of. I kept wanting to cry but then not wanting too because it feels stupid to do so. I know everything is under control but I am a worker. Not having a job just seems against my nature and who I am. The secretary kept hugging me and saying she was going to make up things for me to do so I could stay...lol. I wasn't sad until she started doing that. Everyone tried to keep me busy to keep my mind off it. Well, at least I get to go to lunch with everyone for a last hurrah. I almost don't want to because I have a feeling I'm going to cry and I don't want anyone to see me do so.

So, on to happier news. I am trying to get my bakery back on line and it's HARD and dadgumit, it's expensive. But I have a feeling that I am going to really well this year. My marketing strategy is going to be unreal. I need to make $800 a week to be able to not have a job and make this my full time job. I also have found some spaces downtown Birmingham, that I want to turn into my bakery. I REALLY want to do this full-time. It relaxes me and comforts me and it's mine. It's my creative outlet and it's my stamp in this little world. So, we'll figure out as time moves on.

Tomorrow I have an interview. I don't know what is going to happen, but I need it to further my bakery dreams. I need it to pay my bills too..lol! I need to do this for my family. I want to take care of my mom now. She's always taken care of us especially doing the difficult past 8 years after the loss of my father. So we ALL need this...

Ciao!

7 comments:

The Mincing Mockingbird said...

Good luck! Keep working toward your dream of working for yourself...you'll be the best boss you ever had.

My @ thahotness.com said...

You can do it. Nothing feels better than being able to do it for yourself. You try to focus some of the time on getting your business back up. So search the classifieds for 2 hour, then do something else for your own business for an hour. Best of wishes.

My
http://thahotness.com

Take Me to Chinatown said...

Thank you guys! :-)

pgh_muse said...

Good Luck! I learned of your blog on etsy... as I am a fellow Etsian and I just started a blog of my experiences yesterday....

When that online Bakery opens I'll b one of the first new customers. Keep your head up!

OH! btw... are a pittsburgh native? I was attracted to the post initially bcuz of "steel city" in the title... I love showing pgh natives love:)

www.museacdonline.com
www.museacd.blogspot.com

Take Me to Chinatown said...

Thanks pgh_muse! I'll be looking for you when my bakery opens.

I'm from Birmingham, Alabama. We were know for steel a long time ago. So, hence the name. :-)

fluffnflowers said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope you manage to make it work.

Take Me to Chinatown said...

Thanks so much. :-)

Who Am I?

My photo
I am going to share with you my high and lows of my eating experiences and I hope that you love them just as much as I do!